More You Know: The Most Successful Food Franchises that Started in the U.S.A.
Have you ever thought about opening up a franchise? Not me. Too much work. Here are some of the ones most successful today although they started out small.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken started in 1930 with headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky. KFC was founded by Harlan Sanders.
- Subway started in 196 with headquarters is in Milford, Connecticut. Subway was founded by Fred DeLuca and Peter Buck.
- Domino’s Pizza started in 1961 with headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Domino’s was founded by James Monaghan, Tom Monghan, and Dominick DiVarti.
- Starbucks started in 1971 with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks was founded by Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegl, and Gordon Bowker.
- Wendy’s started in 1969 with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio. Wendy’s was founded by Dave Thomas.
- McDonald’s started in 1940 with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. McDonald’s was founded by Richard and Maurice McDonald.
- Dunkin’ Donuts stated in 1948 with headquarters in Canton, Massachusetts. Dunkin’ Donuts was founded by William Rosenberg.
- Dairy Queen started in 1940 with headquarters in Edina, Minnesota. Dairy Queen was founded by John Fremont McCullough.