Quote by John Grisham
“In life, finding a voice is speaking and living the truth. Each of you is an original. Each of you has a distinctive voice. When you find it, your story will be told. You will be heard.”
- The Firm was first released in 1991 hardcover by Random House. The Mass Market Paperback is 544 pages. The story is about a recent graduate of Harvard Law School who is offered a job at a small tax law firm in Tennessee. He’s living the good life with his wife who is a teacher until an unexpected death occurs.
- The Pelican Brief was first released in 1992 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 436 pages. The story is about uncovering the assassinations of two Supreme Court Justices after the fact by a Tulane University law student and a reporter for The Washington Post.
- The Client was first released in 1993 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 556 pages. The story is about a missing U.S. Senator from Louisiana and a United States Attorney hellbent on finding him even if it includes steamrolling over a young boy and his lawyer.
- A Time to Kill was first released in 1992 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 672 pages. The story is about a father seeking revenge on two men who kidnapped and assaulted his daughter in rural Mississippi during the 1980s.
- The Chamber was first released in 1992 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 688 pages. The story is about a lawyer seeking to get a stay of execution for a client who is also his grandfather and doubts that he committed these murders even though he is tied to the KKK.
- The Rainmaker was first released in 1992 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 608 pages. The story is about a young attorney taking on a case against a life insurance company that denies medical claims for profit.
- Runaway Jury was first released in 1992 hardcover by Doubleday. The Mass Market Paperback is 560 pages. The story is about the negligence of a gun manufacturing company and a jury consultant they hire to have a verdict in their favor.
The first seven of his books were all made into movies. I listed them in the order they were released. I’d say watch The Firm, The Client, A Time to Kill first, Runaway Jury and The Rainmaker second, and last The Pelican Brief and The Chamber.
- The Firm (1993) was directed by Sidney Pollack and stars Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Holly Hunter, Hal Holbrook, and David Strathairn.
- The Pelican Brief (1993) was directed by Alan Pakula and stars Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington, Sam Shepard, John Heard, Tony Goldwyn, James Sikking, John Lithgow, and Hume Cronyn.
- The Client (1994) was directed by Joel Schumacher and stars Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones, Brad Renfro, Mary-Louise Parker, J.T. Walsh, Anthony Edwards, Anthony LaPaglia, Bradley Whitford, and Kim Coates.
- A Time to Kill (1996) was directed by Joel Schumacher and stars Samuel L. Jackson, Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Kevin Spacey, Oliver Platt, Charles S. Dutton, Ashley Judd, Donald Sutherland, Brenda Fricker, and Patrick McGoohan.
- The Chamber (1996) was directed by James Foley and stars Chris O’Donnell, Gene Hackman, Faye Dunaway, Lela Rochon, Robert Prosky, Raymond J. Barry, and DAvid Marshall Grant.
- The Rainmaker (1997) was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and stars Danny DeVito, Matt Damon, Claire Danes, Jon Voight, Mary Kay Place, and Mickey Rourke.
- Runaway Jury (2003) was directed by Gary Felder and stars John Cusack, Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman, and Rachel Weisz.